20 January 2015

Jo Malone - inspiration for any business

Photo from Vogue.co.uk

Starting a business isn't always particularly easy, keeping it running perhaps even harder especially if you're juggling it around family and other commitments.  However, every now and again you come across someone who inspires you and keeps you going, for me this is Jo Malone.  I've worn her fragrances for a number of years  but it wasn't until I'd heard her on Radio 4 Desert Island discs whilst cooking one Friday that I really knew her story.  If you missed it you can listen here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04xmqd6

I have to admit, whilst listening and learning about her humble business beginnings, her positive attitude towards life and the battles she and her family have shared I was left sobbing over the chopping board! Lets banish 'Blue Monday' and turn each day into a bright, sunny one!

Although our business is happily small, it wouldn't be here if it were not for the tireless help of my husband and friends, sometimes it just takes a moment to stop and think - life is rather amazing no matter what it may throw at us!!!